Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Moving into the low tech mechanical world

For many years I have been desiring to acquire an old car.

This past week it finally happened. Through a strange twist in providence I was able to pick up a 1928 Chevrolet. This car started life as a roadster.

The previous owner had purchased this car when he was 17. In the 60+ years since, it ended up in his garage in a somewhat disassembled state. After he passed away, I was offered the car. There was less of the car than I was hoping for as it only had the front fenders, radiator, and hood left of the body.

As I consider what to do at this point it is looking as though the best option would be to build it into a speedster. I found a link with some examples of what others have done and have seen a few examples of cars I would like to have.

Mechanically the running gear is complete except for the transmission. I have a box with 2 stripped- down trannys to work with. This will be a good place to start.

Dave

3 comments:

  1. Gidday Dave, Mate I will be watching with interest the rebuilding of the chev, love the blog to btw..... Cheers from OZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grant, I learned a lot from your blog. Hopefully as I go through my car someone else will learn something.

      Dave

      Delete
  2. Love the blog Dave, best of luck with the project.

    Cheers

    Ray (My 1928 is Great)

    ReplyDelete