Friday, October 12, 2012

Wheel work

I took one of my rear wheels apart today. These are very odd. The hub bolts directly to the brake drum and squeezes the spokes together in the center.
The tire has a 2 piece rim that slides off the metal rim that the spokes are attached to.
The bolts holding the tire part of the rim on appear to be carrage bolts that have the edges shaved off.




After the drum was removed. The wood looks old and dry with some old paint in evidence.




A carrage bolt with the sides ground down. All the extras in the can still need to be modified.



The wood is looking old. I have to decide if I should pull them out to refinish.



A little rusty but looks to be in good condition.



Not sure what this is about. It would be nice to see a picture of what it should look like.
This is the part of the rim that the tire goes on.

So is it a good idea to take out the spokes or would I hate myself for being so stupid?


Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment